Privacy & Cookies Policy
You have not yet accepted our cookies. Because of this we can not offer the optimized user experience and certain functionality may not work correctly.
How to contact us
To find out more about your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, visit the Information Commissioner’s website: https://www.eugdpr.org or read more on the official legislation online at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en.
What information do we collect?
Your online session with us
• Information about your computer
• about your visits to and use of this website (these are information about your browser, your IP address, the site from which you come, and the links followed when leaving our site). This information is also collected through cookies.
• Your general location as determined from your IP address and provided by your browser,
• When you register and voluntarily provide information in forms to apply for a conference, or to register for newsletters, you share personal information with us. This includes your name, email address, and any other details asked for and which you provide.
• When you conduct activities on our site (for example, when you become a member we record what you purchased etc.) we collect your name, contact details, address, data regarding your profession and educational level, details of your subscription to our services, your signature, and other information gathered by filling in our forms and are transferred to us by visiting our website. Information gathered from forms will never be shared outside of our company under any circumstances.
• We do not ask for and do not collect financial data. However, when you fill in the contact form you choose to submit such data, this data will never be used for any purpose. This information is considered very private and will not be shared by us under any circumstances. We therefore ask you not to submit such data via the website.
How is the information used?
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• For statistical purposes and analysis for management purposes in order to administer the website or improve our products and services.
• To supply to you services purchased via the website, and to process your payments.
• Internal record keeping, and administrative purposes, and to inform you about our events, services or products, or other related information that we think would be of interest to you, as explained above.
• To communicate marketing messages, newsletters and details of our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes or to customize the website according to your interests.
Sharing of information gathered and how to apply for removal of your information
Your information will not be disclosed to any third party unless you have given your consent to such disclosure. You may at any time ask us to refrain from sending you event or membership related messages by sending us an email with the words UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject box or by telephoning us. If we contact you by email each time you receive a message you will also have the option to decline to receive further information of that type from us.
If you would like us to destroy information we hold about you, please let us know. However, please note that if you use any of our services which require you to provide personal information, deleting our records may mean that you will need to resubmit it to continue using such services.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, clients and applicants in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will not include personally identifying information in any form.
Cookies and Log Files
1. Necessary cookies for functional purposes
These are cookies are necessary for the website to function. Without these functional cookies, our website does not work optimally, and we are unable to present you with the best experience. According to the cookie law, no permission is required for this category of cookies.
2. Analytics cookies
3. Advertising cookies
When using advertisements, promotional content etc. on websites, in some cases a web beacon is placed that keeps track of how often the promotional content has been viewed. We assure you that these beacons will never collect privacy-sensitive information. At this moment our website uses such services. For the use of Advertising cookies we explicitly request permission in our cookie notification.
If you share our content through social media, for example by following us on Facebook, LinkedIn or tweeting about us on Twitter, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose.
In some cases, where a page on our website includes content from a social network, such as a Twitter feed, or Facebook comments box, those services may set a cookie even where you do not click a button. As is the case for all cookies, we cannot access those set by social networks, just as those social networks cannot access cookies we set ourselves. We do not host 3party social media cookies ourselves on our website.
Our systems automatically gather some anonymous information about visitors, including IP addresses, browser type, language, and the times and dates of webpage visits. The data collected does not include personally identifiable information and is used, as described above, for statistical analysis, to understand user behavior, and to administer the site.
On our website users have the possibility to fill in contact forms, sign up for a newsletter or fill in other forms. In order to make this possible, this means our website uses forms in which it is required to fill in personal data. This data is stored in a secured CMS database, hosted by our third-party web partner Van der Let & Partners. This data will, under any circumstance, never be shared outside our company or webpartner. In all online forms, users are given the option to give explicit consent to sharing their data with us and our web partner or choose not to.
The internet is not a secure medium. However we take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized personnel have access to user information. We use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt visitor data and personal/financial information you input before it is sent to us, and our database is hosted in a secure data centre. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
By using our site, you consent to the collection and use of information by us. Owing to the global nature of the internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information, you consent to these transfers.